Wednesday 30 September 2009

September - Month-end Round-up

Hmm. Well every month my main aim is to work out more times than there are days in the month.

There are 30 days in September, and I worked out 33 times so that's pretty good.
Having said that, a great deal of those workouts were done in the first half of the month, when I had a week off work and did several extra sessions. The second half of the month I had times when I had 3 or 4 days off in a row which is not good. I need to even that out a bit.

And, as I seem to say at the end of every month (and every week!) my diet has been a bit shocking. The last month or so especially, as I've started eating chocolate and drinking Coke again. Not as much as I was before, but enough that it's not good. I'm also suspicious that this desire to eat crap and lay about under my duvet feeling sorry for myself rather than going to the gym may be down to the contraceptive pill I'm taking.

The shortened version of this story is that I changed my contraceptive pill abut 3 months ago, and since then I've had a couple of rather irritating side effects. When my trainer weighed and measured me in the week I was pretty gutted to find that I'd lost 2% body fat, but still put on weight, and a couple of inches around my waist and hips. I think this may be down to water retention - partially from my diet, and partially from the pill. I also think my diet may be partially down to the pill. Therefore the pill may not be such a great idea. I'm going to give it another month to see if it settles, and if not then it's out.

So for October I will still be on this pill, but I need to be more strict with myself when it comes to eating junk and lazing about. I feel like crap at the moment, really foggy and miserable. I need to try and push past that and go to the gym any way. There are 31 days in October so am aiming for at least 35 workout sessions. And a better diet, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment