Wednesday 2 September 2009

Wednesday 2nd

I had a PT session this morning, I wasn't sure if it would happen tho, as I knew she had been ill the last few days. So I got in early and figured I'd do some cardio until she got there, and then if she didn't get there at least I'd had a bit of a workout.

Cross Trainer 1-minute sprint intervals, 8 minutes at level 5
Stepper, interval program, 10 minutes level 6

Then my trainer turned up, and so began the pain...

It was time for a new program, as I'd been doing the old one for a while. I notived on the sheet it said "MAXIMUM EFFORT" at the top, and knew it would be a tough session!

Crunch & heel tap x 12
Ball plank toe taps x 12
Ball cobra 30 second holds with external rotation x 3

Hex bar squats: 25kg x 6 (OMG OUCH!)
Squat/side step-up with leg raise 2x8kg x 12 each leg
Ball side jumps (jumping sideways over a ball) x 20
2 sets

Ball hamstring curls with arms extended upwards x 12
Hex bar deadlifts 25kg x 6
Back extension x 20
1 set

Body row x 6
Low-to-high woodchop, 7.5kg x 6 each side
1 set

I'm meant to do 4 sets of each, but we had to cut it down as I only see her for 30 minutes. I also have another exercise to do in the last tri-set, and some abs to finish with.

Am looking forward to getting stuck into this program, the only thing that worries me is the hex bar, as it weighs 20kg without any weights on it, so getting it out and putting it away will be as much of a challenge as the exercises!

No comments:

Post a Comment