Sunday 6 September 2009

Sunday 6th

Oh good grief, I think I may be broken.

Ok so it's actually not that bad, but I have a feeling I'll feel this in the morning! I did my first run through of my new program today, and I have to say my trainer wasn't joking when she wrote "maximum effort" on the top of the sheet!

Suqat & arm raise x 10
Leg swings
Windmills
Ball balance & hand lifts (this is not part of my program but I want to keep at it)

Crunch & heel tap x 12
Ball plank toe touch x 12
Ball cobra 30 second hold with external rotation x 3
1 set (looking at it, I think I was meant to do 3 sets of this. Oops!)

Hex bar squat 25kg x 6
Squat & side step-up with leg raise 2x8kg x 12 each side (3 raisers under step)
Ball side jumps x 20
3 sets

Stability ball hamstring curls (arms raised) x 12
Hex bar deadlifts 25kg x 12 (just re-read the sheet and I was only meant to do 6, oops)
Stability ball back extension x 12
3 sets

Body row x6
Step Opp press ups (one hand on 2 step raisers, alternating hands) x 12
Low-to-high wood chops6.25kg x 12 each side
2 sets (because my body was shaking all over and I wasn't sure I'd make a third!)

Overhead weigt tap with leg extension x 12 with 5kg
Plank 30-second hold
2 sets

So the moral of the story is, read the sheet carefully before breaking yourself on the exercises! The plan for next time is to do the whole thing, exactly as stated on the sheet. And try not to cry. I'm really impressed with myself I managed to put the hex bar away when I'd finished with it though, there were a couple of blokes in the weights area and I really didn't want to ask them for help dragging a 20kilo bar across the room!

Am going to try and do some yoga/stretching this afternoon, so that I hopefully won't be too sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment