Monday 14 September 2009

Monday 14th

Today was my first day back at work after my week off, so I allowed myself a bit of a lie-in. I think it really helped as I actually woke up before my alarm, and felt pretty good.

I did Body Balance at lunch, felt pretty good. I found the shoulder stretch in track 5 really tough, but the rest seemed pretty ok. Now that I've been doing it twice a week for a month or so, I'm really noticing a difference in my flexibility, especially my hamstrings. Until recently I'd never been able to reach my toes when stretching before but I'm getting better and better at it!

After work I went back to the gym for Body Pump. I think the trainer is more than a little bored of the latest release, as she's started doing "pick n mix" classes where she basically just chooses random tracks from previous releases. I think this evening was mainly 53, and it bloody hurt!

Warm up 7.5kg
Squats 22.5kg
Chest 10kg
Glutes, back & hamstrings 12.5kg
Triceps 3kg for kickbacks, 5kg for French presses at the end (we did 70 for this track)
Biceps 5kg
Lunges 7.5kg

Unfortunately we ran out of time to do shoulders or abs. The instructor is pregnant and has to leave early for ante natal classes at the moment, plus I think we probably started a little late and what have you. I'm not too bothered about skipping those tracks, as I did abs in Balance at lunch, and my shoulders were feeling pretty bad during the earlier tracks. I'm hoping I've not done any serious damage, but the pain wasn't like normal muscle pain. Possibly from something I did yesterday!

Tomorrow I have a late start at work again so am hoping to get up early and go for a run. Then LBT in the evening. Bring it on!

Diet is still a little shocking, I really need to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment