Wednesday 9 September 2009

Wednesday 9th

I had a late start this morning, as I wanted to do the lunchtime spin class at the gym. I still got there early for the class though, so I did some cardio beforehand...

Rowing - 500 metres in 2.13 minutes.
Cross trainer - 5 minutes at level 5

30 minute spin class

Swimming - 24 lengths
I also spent a few minutes in the steam room, and sat in the spa pool for a while before getting changed as well.

I came back to the gym in the evening to do Body Pump. Since I managed most of the tracks with no problems on Monday, I decided I could stand to put my weights up a bit in some places... Plus the class was over-booked so I could only use one bar, and couldn't be bothered to keep changing my weights around!

warm-up 7.5kg
Squats 20kg (!)
Chest 10kg
Glutes, back & hamstrings 12.5kg
Triceps 5kg plus tricep dips
Biceps 5kg
Lunges 7.5kg
Abs 5kg plate

Weirdly, I put my squats weight up higher than I've ever managed before - and managed the whole track without having to stop or skip any reps. I might put it up again when I go to Friday's class!

All in all a pretty good day - though I did spend a bit too much time sitting about on the sofa, and my lunch was pretty bad. Still need to work on the old diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment