Friday 11 September 2009

Friday 11th

Today was the last day of my week off. I do feel like I've worked hard, but if I'm honest I've not done that much more than I would normally do in a week. The only difference is that I've probably made it to more classes, rather than just working out on my own.

I did Body Pump this morning. It was with an instructor I don't normally see, as she only does the daytime classes. I find her difficult to follow, probably because 99% of all Pump classes I've ever done have been with the same instructor - so you get used to their ways of saying things. Every instructor seems to say and do things differently, so if you're not used to the way someone works, it can get a little confusing. Add to that the fact we did a really old release of Pump (Body Pump 45 from about 6 years ago!) so nobody was familiar with what was going on. I was right at the back, and the 4 or 5 women I could have hoped to copy clearly had NO idea at all what they were supposed to be doing! Ah well, it was fun, and we did some different things.

Warm up 7.5kg
Squats 22.5kg - most I've ever had in Pump!
Chest - 2x3 dumbells for flys at the beginning, then 10kg bar
Glutes, back & hamstrings 12.5kg
Triceps 5kg and then a 5kg plate for French Press
Biceps 5kg (included some bicep rows)
Lunges 7.5kg (with some evil calf raises on the steps to begin with)
Shoulders press-ups, then 2x3kg for side deltoid raises and side raises, then 7.5kg for upright rows and presses)
Abs - well by this point nobody had a clue what the instructor was on about, her mic went and we were all flailing about on the floor doing our own thing. Not sure I can really count that as having worked my abs to be honest!

Am thinking I might take a day off the exercise tomorrow, and then hit the gym on Sunday.
I've wimped out of doing my program as much as I had planned - mainly because the hex bar scares me. It's getting it out and putting it away that scares me more than the actual exercises. That and the pain I'll be in afterwads!

No comments:

Post a Comment