Monday 7 September 2009

Monday 7th

Well today was my first day off... and I was pretty sore from doing my program yesterday!
My little sis came over in the morning and we watched bad TV before heading to the gym. She's not used my gym before, so we pottered about a bit, did some cardio and then some of the weights machines, before heading down to the studio for Body Balance. Unsurprisingly, it hurt more than usual today, especially the Standing Strength!

After Balance we went in the steam room for a while, then swam, I think we managed about 14 lengths (some using the noodles instead of kicking our legs), and then headed for the spa pool or whatever it's called.

In the evening I was planning to go back to the gym for Body Pump, but I was feeling pretty knackered. I'd almost decided not to go, but then I thought, well you took a week off intending to spend it at the gym, you'd better get there. So I went. It was only a 45 minute class as the instructor had to be somewhere afterwards. It was hard though! I put my weights up for the squats, but oddly I think I could handle putting them up further next time!

Warm up 7.5kg
Squats 17.5kg
Chest 7.5kg (and press ups! Ouch!)
Glutes, Back & Hamstrings 12.5kg
Triceps 5kg (and tricep dips - ouch again!)
Shoulders 2x3kg, then 7.5kg on the bar afterwards
Abs 5kg

Depending on how much I ache tomorrow I'm not sure if I'll do my program - it's killer! Am planning to do Pump again on Wednesday evening though!

No comments:

Post a Comment