Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday 13th

I go tup early this morning and dragged myself to the gym to avoid the crowds... except I got there to find 3 grunting men in the weights area. Plan backfired. I carried on with the program any way...

Squat & arm raise x 10
Leg swings
Windmills

Crunch & heel tap x 12
Ball plank toe touch x 12
Ball cobra 30 second hold with external rotation x 3

Hex bar squat 25kg x 6
Squat & side step-up with leg raise 2x8kg x 12 each side (3 raisers under step)
Ball side jumps x 20
3 sets

Stability ball hamstring curls (arms raised) x12 - I ended up doing half arms raised and half normal. Ouch!
Hex bar deadlifts 25kg x 6
Stability ball back extension x 12
3 sets

Body row x6
Step Opp press ups (one hand on 2 step raisers, alternating hands) x 12
Low-to-high wood chops6.25kg x 12 each side
2 sets (because someone was using some of the equipment when I came to do my third set... and I ached like a mofo!)

Overhead weigt tap with leg extension x 12 with 5kg
Plank 30-second hold
3sets

This is only my second run-through with the program, it's a little easier... well more familiar any way. I don't like the upper body exercises, as by the time I've finished the lower body stuff and put the hex bar away I feel like I'm about to pass out. The wood-chop thing is really tough and I think I've slightly damaged my shoulder, which is a bit annoying. Am going to see if I can manage to do this again one morning in the week... Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment