Friday 31 July 2009

Month-end round up

I think I've done pretty well this month. At the end of June I felt I'd not done enough exercise, my diet was shocking, and I was generally failing.

At the beginning of July I decided not to eat chocolate or drink Coca Cola all month. I've stuck to this. At the beginning it was tough, I had shocking headaches from the withdrawal from Coca Cola (I was drinking loads before!), and was substituting for the chocolate with all sorts of crap. I'm still drinking too many fizzy drinks, but I'm trying to choose the "free" or "zero" options, and have lemonade as much as possible rather than the others. I've taken to drinking a lot of Irn Bru though, which has to stop. I've decided to keep the ban on chocolate and Coca Cola for August as well. Once I've decided I'm not having it, then even when it's put in front of me it doesn't really tempt me. I still have a bowl of foil-wrapped eggs from easter on the side in my living room. I think having the weekly food diaries to hand to my PT has helped - it's made me think twice about what I'm eating and drinking, and also helped me to plan my meals - life is so much easier when you already have the food you need in your fridge!

This month I've worked out 32 times, which I'm pretty pleased about. I took 6 days off, which works out as 1 or 2 days a week, which I guess is acceptable. These were mostly Tuesdays, where I was doing overtime after work and couldn't make it to a Pump class. I think the timetable at the gym has changed now though, so that Pump is on a Monday evening so I should be able to go. This last week has been a slow one, because I knew I had a lot of overtime to get through and didn't want to burn myself out. I ended up working Monday, Tuesday and Friday evenings and am due a long day on 1st August too so need to preserve my energy!

The plan for August is to keep up the momentum. This last week the food diary has been dropped, I don't think my diet has suffered too much (until tonight when I called out for pizza for dinner!) but I'd prefer to be keping track of these things. If I don't write it down I tend to forget I've eaten it, and think I've done well when I've actually been eating junk all day!

August is going to be the month I kick my own ass until it shrinks a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment