Saturday 11 July 2009

Saturday 11th

This post should be subtitled "OMFG I'm going to ache tomorrow!"

I did Body Pump this morning, the new release (70) again. Decided to put my weight up for the squats, since I don't think the squats track is too bad this time around. When it came to the back track, the instructor looked at my bar and said "come on, you can do better than that! Swap that 1 for a 2!" and I did, despite the fact last time I did the back track I had neither a 1 nor a 2 on my bar. Ouchies. I also went up on the triceps, and used the same heavy weight as last time for shoulders, despite almost dying in Tuesday's class!

Warmup 7.5kg
Squats 17.5kg
Chest 7.5kg
Glutes, back & hamstrings 12.5kg
Triceps 3kg for kickbacks, 5kg for the overhead extensions at the end
Biceps 5kg (wimped out on going up)
Lunges 7.5kg (again, wimped out but that lunge track makes me feel sick!)
Shoulders 2 x 3kg for the raises at the beginning, 7.5kg for the upright rows etc
Abs 5kg

My shoulders already ache.
To be honest, if I finish a Body Pump class and don't ache the next day, I'm a little disappointed in myself. For the back track the worst part was my forearms from holding the weight, so it wasn't too bad.
Unfortunately I now have to miss the next 2 Pump classes because of work, but I'm going to try and keep up my higher weights, and maybe even go up for the chest, biceps and shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment