Monday 13 July 2009

Monday 13th

I went to the gym before work this morning, feeling very pleased with myself. I also managed to do quite a bit of balancing, before 7am, and there were no casualties!
Plus a lady I see there in the mornings came past me to put her weights away and said "you're so skinny, you've lost lots of weight the last few months. I saw you from behind on a machine the other day and didn't realise it was you!" So that pretty much made my year.

Warm up:
Reverse BOSU squats x 20 (no weight)
Stability ball balancing for a few minutes.

Reverse BOSU squats, 8kg x 2, x 12
BOSU lunges, 8kg x 2, x 12 (each side)
3 sets of this

Box jumps (3 risers) x 12
Single leg dead lifts, 12kg, x 12 (each side)
3 sets of this

This is as much of my program as I managed this morning, before having to rush off and get ready for work. Time was not helped by stopping to chat to people, or having to be at work 15 minutes early in order to take a longer lunch for Body Balance.

Did Body Balance at lunch time, my first time with the new release (45 I think) and it was really difficult. My hips felt like they were actually burning, and there was a nasty thing called Frog Pose at the end which nearly made me cry. May need to speak to the instructor about that, as I may have been doing it wrong!

This afternoon I had a call from my trainer: "I've called to give you a bollocking about your food diary!" She was only joking, it wasn't too bad and it was all stuff we'd discussed. I need to try and get some more variety in my breakfasts (been having fruit smoothies every day), and I need to work on my snacks (apparently a bag of crisps and a sausage roll is not a good mid-morning snack!) So it's on with the thinking cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment