Thursday 9 July 2009

Thursday 9th

I've had a really productive day, exercise-wise. My eating has been... well, it was good until I got home and remembered I had strawberry & cream cookies in the cupboard!

Any way, I've been to the gym twice today, and also did a little workout this evening (to make up for some of the cookie scandal)

I had a PT session this morning, but couldn't remember whether it was at 7 or 7:30. I didn't want to be late, so I got to the gym for 6:45. Then I remembered the session was at 7:30. I had time to kill, so I headed for the cardio machines...

cross trainer 5 mins level 5
reclining bike 5 mins level 5
stepper 5 mins on interval program, level 6
treadmill 5 mins on gradient interval program, level 7
cross trainer 6 mins of 1-minute intervals

When it came to my PT session, I had to admit that my balancing has left a lot to be desired... and I've mainly just chickened out of that side of my program! Cue a lesson in balance from the girl who can stand on a stability ball and dance!

reverse BOSU squats x 20 (this is where the BOSU is upside down. Half the battle is getting on the damn thing!)
front-side lunges x 10 each leg
stability ball balancing - I managed it in the end, a few times, on my own, nowhere near the wall. Need more practise tho!
stork stance

Then we ran through various parts of my program, putting my weights up as we went...

BOSU lunges x 12 each leg (8kg x 2)
single leg deadlifts x 12 each leg (14kg) (some idiot was using the 12kg dumbells, I could have killed him!)
split stance low row x 12 each arm (10kg)

I went back to the gym at lunch with a couple of buddies to do Gym Train. This is a circuit the trainer set up for us with the idea we time ourselves to do each exercise, improve over time, and compete against each other after 6 weeks to see who could complete the entire circuit in the shortest time. The 6 weeks finished a long time ago, but whenever we're free we'll try and get back into the gym to give it a go. I used to call it the Monster Class Of Doom. There's a reason for that...

treadmill - 500m in 3.06 mins
upright bike - 1.5km in 3.16 mins
shoulder press - 15 x 8kg
rowing - 500m in 2.26 mins
full sit-ups x 20
step-ups - 2 x 6kg, 5 steps x 20
bench jumps - 3 steps, x 20

Then, as mentioned before, I came home and found some cookies. I've been watching the Turbulence Training semiar on the website, and felt a bit more motivated after some of that, so I had a look on Gym Junkies to find some exercises I could do at home. I ended up finding the Man Maker so I thought I'd give that a go. I only did girlie press-ups cos, well, I'm a girl. And I used piddly 2kg weights, not the 20 pounders Vic recommends in the video - mainly because that's all I had.

The idea is that you do as many as you can in 8 minutes. So I set a timer. After 10 I thought I might pass out. Checked the time, only 3 minutes in. So on I ploughed. I managed 27, which I think is a good first attempt. Might try and keep track of these from time to time, see if I can get any better. Then I did some abs:

weighted side twists x 12 (2kg)
reverse crunch x 12
double heel tap (legs straight) x 12
vertical lifts x 12 (2kg)

3 sets - each set with no rest between exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment