Sunday 5 July 2009

Sunday 5th

No exercise as such today - though I did do the first part of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Stage 1 workout - the strength part. I found it on YouTube but the cardio was missing and I got distracted by other things so I didn't get round to finding it.

I also spent a ridiculous amount of time bouncing on my knees on a trampoline this afternoon, entertaining my niece who is too small to make it bounce herself so likes to lay on her back while someone else bounces it for her!

I've discovered the joy of YouTube as a motivator and fitness aid. This lady is especially motivating, she lost a shedload of weight and posted weekly videos to chart her progress, with extra ones about what exercise she does, what she eats etc. I've also been looking at Turbulence Training a lot too recently, as well as my old faithful, Vic Magary's Gym Junkies website.

Last month (June) was the first month in a long time that I've not hit the goal I set in terms of how much exercise I would do. My diet was pretty shocking too. This month I really need to get back to it, eat better and exercise more. Am off work tomorrow so am planning to spend a good portion of time in the gym, maybe go for a run as well. Tuesday is Body Pump, Wednesday Spin, Thursday I have a PT session and may run too, Friday is Spin, which I may skip in favour of doing my program, so that I can do both Spin and Body Pump on Saturday. Am a little anxious about doing my program to be honest, since I fell off a gym ball earlier in the week - but I figure the only way I'll get better at that is to keep trying and hopefully fall on my ass less!

1 comment:

  1. I guess that means I shouldn't encourage you to go to the sweet shop.... or bring you chocolate.... you're no fun anymore.

    Seriously mate - will try to support as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete