Saturday 4 July 2009

Saturday 4th

Today I did Body Pump 70 for the first time. The instructor sent me a message when I missed Tuesday's class, saying "you missed kick ass new Pump!" I thought she was just joking... but no, Body Pum p70 really did kick my ass.
Apparently the whole theme is "time under tension" - idea being the longer your muscle is under tension, the more it's working. Cue many half-reps, and a chest track where we actually didn't straighten our arms at all! The lunges track is just plain evil too. We missed out the shoulders because we were running short on time after talking through technique for the other tracks.

Warm-up 7.5 kg
Squats 15 kg
Chest 7.5kg (went down on my weight - am so glad!)
Glutes, back & hamstrings 12.5 kg
Triceps 2.5kg for kick-backs, 5kg for overhead extensions. Plus a whole heap of tricep push-ups!
Biceps 5kg (could really have gone higher for this but was feeling delicate!)
Lunges 7.5kg
Abs 5kg

No comments:

Post a Comment