Tuesday 18 August 2009

Tuesday 18th

I got up this morning and wandered into town for the gym, only to get there and be told the showers were broken. Again. Apparently something broke and that meant there was only scalding hot water. So I walked all the way home again, and did 10 minutes on the Jullian Michaels game I got yesterday. It was nowhere near as good as a workout at the gym, but I could definitely feel it working in my arms.
Plus, with all the walking back and forth, I took 10,000 steps before breakfast!

This evening I was planning to go to the Legs Bums and Tums class, but when I called up to book it was already full. Must remember to book earlier next time! I was tempted to just come home and sulk, but my friend was going to the gym after work and I decided I may as well go and meet her. Neither of us were particularly in the mood for exercise though, and as usual the air con in the cardio bay was non-existent.

Treadmill 5 minute warm-up around 6.5km/h, gradient 5
Cross trainer 1-minute sprint intervals, 8 minutes level 5
Stepper, 3 minutes level 6, 2 minutes level 7

Then I came home and figured I should do some abs work as well.

Hanging leg lifts x 12
Plank with hand step-ups x 12 (6 each side)
2 sets

criss-cross legs (from body Balance 45) x 8
twise/leg extension (from Body Balance 45 and the latest Pump release) x 8
2 sets

And then, because I'm feeling really lazy for not getting to the gym properly today, I found this 2 Minute Abs video on You Tube and did that as well.

Now my abs hurt and I do feel like I've had a bit of a workout - though still nowhere near as hard a workout as if I'd been able to do my program at the gym as planned this morning, or LBT this evening.

I've also eaten really badly today - the guy who sits next to me is getting married at the weekend, so he brought in loads of food and put it on the desk behind us. It was calling to me all day and I have to confess I was very weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment