Thursday 27 August 2009

Thursday 27th

Ok so I just wrote an entire entry and it disappeared on me. Nice.

Gym before work this morning, did my program again - third time in a week! I must be mental...

Overhead squats x 10
Overhead lunges x 10 (each side)
Overhead side lunges x 10 (each side)
Windmills
Ball balance with intermitent hand lifting (when I was feeling brave)


Single leg bench squat 2x8kg x 12 (each side)
Sprint touch back 2x4kg x 20 (each side)
3 sets

Lunge & floor touch with scaption 2x4kg x 12 (each side)
Wall squat shoulder press 2x4kg x 12
3 sets

Press up x 10 (BOSU was in use)
Alternating dead row 2x8kg x 20
3 sets

Plank step ups x 12 (6 each side)
Stability ball crunch with arms up x 12
3 sets

Though I hate to say it, I do think I could stand to increase my weights on most of those exercises now. The only one that really killed was the shoulder press, and I think that's more to do with the scaption lunges in between sets! Perhaps I'll try it next time.

This evening I went back and did Body Balance, it really hurt. There's a pose called frog pose that literally makes me want to cry, and another where you put your legs out in front of you and reach for your toes and every time it makes me feel sick! Oh well, practise makes perfect I'm sure I'll get better. It's bank holiday on Monday so there's no lunch time class, I'll have to try and do some on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment