Thursday 20 August 2009

Thursday 20th

I thought my PT session was at 7 this morning. So I got to the gym at about 6:40am. The showers were still working on and off (the "off" meaning sudden scalding hot water), and I got into a long complaining session in the changing rooms (we're all so pissed off with nothing working in that place!) so I didn't get up to the gym until about 6:55. I got onto the cross trainer, thinking my PT would be here any minute... turned out I was wrong and my appointment was at 7:30. So I did a lot of mucking about, and then a PT session...

Cross trainer 1-minute sprint intervals, 8 minutes at level 5
Stepper 7 minutes at level 6
Reclining bike, 10 minutes at level 4

Overhead squats x 10
overhead lunges x 10 (each side)
overhead side lunges x 10 (each side)
Windmills
Hip flexor wall stretch
Ball balance superman - I can just about lift one hand for a couple of seconds on this one now!
Plank march x 20

Single leg bench squat. 2x8kg x 12 each side (weights up from last time)
Sprint touch back 2x4kg x 20 each side (weights up from last time)

Lunge & floor touch 2x4kg x 12 each side - amended from last time so that now I hold the weight above my head and bring it down in a scaption to touch the floor as I lunge. Ouch! weights up from last time - double ouch!)
Wall squat shoulder press 2x4kg x 12 (weights up from last time)

Reverse BOSU press up x 12
Alternating dead row 2x8kg x 12 (weights up from last time)

Plank step ups x 12
Ball crunches x 12 (arms above head for difficulty)

I only did one set of each (thank god!) as we only had half an hour.

In the evening I went back for an hour Body Balance session. I love the class, but it's on fairly late for me and the last couple of times I've done it I've been at work from 8.30am to 7pm in between, so I just stand at the back like a zombie and make loads of rookie mistakes. Hopefully this will improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment