Sunday 16 August 2009

Sunday - weekly weigh-in

Well I gave myself a day off the gym on Friday, feeling too tired to move. Yesterday I didn't go to the gym, but I did have a very active day moving PCs with work for close to 10 hours.
Today I was due to go for a run, but was feeling ill and generally run down so have allowed myself a third day off.

Weight: 138 pounds (62.5kg) - no change
Waist: 29.5" (75cm) - half an inch back on
Hips: 36" (91cm) - half an inch back on
Leg: 22" (56cm) - no change
Arm: 11.5" (29cm) - no change

I think the fact my weight has not gone shooting back up is a miracle. Am not surprised to see my waist and hip measurements suffer. I think this is due to a few things, all interlinked:
1. not enough exercise
2. bad food choices
3. too much work, not enough chilling
4. I have IBS and when it gets bad I get bloated and fat.

I've also completely dropped the food diary again this week, which is always a bad move.

For the week ahead I need to be more determined and focused. I don't have another weekend overtime stint for a month, but may be working some evenings. I also want to attend some evening classes at the gym - this means I need to be organised with my planning to make sure I have good food choices ready to eat. Otherwise I get lazy and eat rubbish.

I feel like crap today, mainly because of my IBS, which I'm sure has been caused, at least in part, by my bad food choices. I had a McDonalds breakfast yesterday, and one last Friday too. I hadn't had one in months until last Friday, and my body really noticed the grease and badness.

I'm pleased that despite the stress and long hours, I've still not resorted to drinking Coke or eating chocolate. I also decided this week that since I seemed to be replacing the Coke with Irn Bru (kind of daft!) I have to cut that out too. So I'm trying to limit my fizzy drink intake to lemonade only. And sugar-free varieties wherever I can.

Goals for this week:
1. better quality gym sessions
2. fill in the food diary properly!
3. plan my meals effectively

No comments:

Post a Comment