Saturday 10 October 2009

Saturday 10th

Well I'm having a pretty lazy day so far... I got up, wandered to the sofa, and watched a movie from under my duvet. The movie was Fighting, if anyone is interested. It's directed by Dito Montiel, who I think is pretty brilliant. Any way the movie kind of made me want to get up off my ever-widening arse, and do something. I'm feeling really unsociable at the moment, so didn't want to go to the gym. In the end I switched the PC on, and found a bodyweight workout on an email from Turbulence Training. I think it was one from Holly Rigsby, who has a blog called Fit Yummy Mummy. It sounds naff, but there's some good stuff on there. Wow, there are a lot of links in this post!

So this is the workout...

Y squats x 12
Push ups x 10
Prisoner lunges x 10 each side
Mountain climbers (same as sprintees I think) x 30
3 sets

And then some abs (also from Holly Rigsby)
Side plank reach-through x 5 each side
Cross body mountain climber x 16
Weighted side twists with a 4kg weight x 12
3 sets

I need to get my hands on some bigger weights so that I can do more stuff at home in the mornings before work!

I've also been doing some "negative" chin-ups, where you start at the top and lower yourself slowly. I want to increase my upper body strength so I'm doing those with various grips, and also body rows. I try to do something every time I'm home and think about it, as I feel like I had my brother put that bar up in my doorway and I've hardly used it!

Am now listening to a Turbulence Training coaching call, the guy has just mentioned that if you keep a note of what you eat, or take photos, or post it on a blog or whatever, you're x-percentage more likely to succeed with a healthy eating plan.
Every time I see my trainer she hands me a food diary. And every time, I fill in that day, maybe some of the following day... and then I either lose it, or keep telling myself I'll write this down "later" until I'm left trying to remember 3 or 4 days' worth of food and there's no point. I have been posting photos of my food on here - but generally I only post the good stuff, not the chocolate bars or the junk.

Any way today I'm trying out the Eat Stop Eat principal, I think I've mentioned it on here before. The basic idea is that you fast all day and only have your evening meal, and do that however many times a month you feel comfortable. I'm going to try it today and see how I feel. Not too keen on doing too much while I'm not eating, just in case I pass out or something in front of everyone! I did have a bottle of Coke this morning (I know, I know, it's bad bad bad), but so far that's it apart from water. Am going to work for an hour or so in a bit, and will buy some food etc on my way back to cook for tea tonight. The main aim is to eat dinner, then clean my teeth and NOT eat junk all evening! Might even try to fit in another workout this afternoon, if I'm not too delirious from lack of food! Will report back on the whole fasting thing, if anyone has comments/ideas (other than telling me not to do it) feel free to yell!

No comments:

Post a Comment