Friday 16 October 2009

Friday 16th

Because I spent my PT session earlier in the week talking and trying to figure out why I'm so lame with all this at the moment, I had another session this morning so that she could give me my new program.

I got to the gym a little early, as the session was relatively late (8:30) so I did some cardio to warm up...

Cross trainer - 5 minutes level 5 (it's really rickety and felt like it was about to fall apart so no sprint intervals!)
Treadmill - 5 minutes running@ 10km/h
Stepper - 5 minutes level 6

And then the session began...

Squats x 10
Lunge & floor touch x 10
Side lunge then rotating lunge x 10 each side (alternating)
Windmills
Half lotus stretch (ouch!)

"scoop & lift" from Body Balance 46 - involves "scooping" your legs under and up, and then crunching to the count of 4. x 4
Elbow to knee twist - again from Body Balance 46 - toes on the floor, then twist to one knee then the other quickly and back down. x 12
Both moves are difficult to explain, but very good!
That's the warm up done.

MB Step Jump overs x 15 (holding ball out in front with one foot on a step, bend down and touch the ball to the step then jump up and over so that the opposite leg is on the step.)
Ball lunge & single arm row, 6.25kg x 12 each side (this one is tricky and involves a lot of balancing. Left foot on the ball, cable from the bottom of the cable thingie in left hand. As you squat with your right leg your left leg and arm extend. Then come back up, bringing the leg in and pulling the arm back into a row. Lots of wobbling involved.)
I only did one set, as we only had a short session to fit it all in. Normally I would do 3

At this point I am meant to get on the treadmill and do 2 minutes at full speed, then jump off for a minute, repeating 3 times. As we were pressed for time I didn't do it this morning, which I am glad about!

Single Leg pulldown 15kg x 8 each side (on the pulldown machine, standing on one leg in a squat position - make it more difficult by increasing the bend in your leg - another one with a lot of balancing involved!)
Plate slide & press up x 12 (start in plank with arms extended,  lift hand and push a plate from one side to the other, then knees down and press up. This is one rep.
I have a sore wrist at the moment so have been given an alternative if it's too painful to put all my weight on one hand - single arm chest flies on a stability ball.
Lots of core work in this program!

Last set:

Row 300 metres (with the difficulty level at 8) - times were 1:18.7 and 1:20
20 crunches with legs at 90 degrees
three sets
I only did this twice this morning and it was killer, but in the kind of way where you know it's doing you good. I left the gym feeling a lot better about things than I have recently.I'm looking forward to doing this program in full on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment