Saturday 23 January 2010

Saturday 2010-01-23

Managed to get to the gym relatively early for a weekend, which was handy. Decided to do a few weights and then a little cardio...

Stability ball dumbell rox 8kg x 15
Stability ball chest flye 2x6kg x 15
Lat pull down 20kg x 15
Stability ball tricep extension 2x4kg x 15
3 sets

Treadmill: 2 minute run, 30 second rest x4
Stepper 6 minutes level 6-8 then back to 5 (one minute each)

Am also attempting a detox today. So far so good - lots of fruit and vege, vitamin tablets etc. I thought I might get a horrible headache from lack of caffeine, sugar etc - but so far so good. Am starving though! Think it's time for another bowl of spinach!


EDIT:
So I went to Tesco to buy provisions... and came back with a 5kg kettlebell (and provisions, obviously!). I've been thinking about buying one for ages, there are loads of kettlebell workouts online and they look really good. So when I saw them in Tesco, I thought, ooh kettlebell + clubcard points, I'm having some of that!
And when I came home I just had to try it out!

Kettlebell side bends x 12 each side
Kettlebell seated side twists x 12 each side
3 sets

Kettlebell swings x 12
Kettlebell shoulder raises x 12 each side
3 sets

Hmm I've a feeling my abs may be a little sore tomorrow!
Also I bought the dvd of the latest P!nk tour from Amazon and it arrived today, so have been watching that for motivation. She is really fit and toned, and flings herself about onstage like you wouldn't believe so it's pretty encouraging to watch whilst working out in the living room!

In other news, I am starving after a day of eating nothing but fruit and vegetables. Next time I decide to do some crazy detox I'm going to make sure there are way more veggies in the house! Time for a massive bowl of peppers and carrots I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment