Friday 22 January 2010

Friday 2010-01-22

I'm proud of myself today. I went to be pretty late last night, and when the alarm went off this morning I really didn't want to get up. I was laying there thinking, "ah, it's Friday, I'll sleep for another hour, have a shower at home and wander into work..." and then I thought to myself, "no you idiot; you had Wednesday off the gym and you might not get the chance to work out this weekend so you'd better get your arse out of bed!"
And with that I was up. I missed the early bus, so I caught a later one - which meant I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but still at least I got there. I'm hoping this marks a change in my mentality, as up until now my duvet has won every argument it's started!

Treadmill: 2 minute run, 30 second rest x4
Stepper: 5 minutes starting at level 5, up to 8 then back down (1 minute each)
Cross Trainer: 5 minutes level 5


The next step is to actually get myself to the gym early enough to do a major workout before work on the days I have a late start, rather than wandering in a bit late and half-arsing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment