Tuesday 12 January 2010

Back on the Straight and Narrow... Tuesday 2010-01-12

Ok so since about November time, this blog, and my motivation, have kind of gone out the window. I've done very badly at sticking to a regular gym/exercise routine, and my diet has been pretty shocking too.

Now I need to sort my shit out and get back to where I was, only better. I've put on weight and inches in the usual places, and that needs to go.

So I'm starting again with it all. I was going to wait until the weekend to do a starting weigh-in etc, but I figured I may as well just do it now. It's not going to be pretty...

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Weight 146lbs (66kilos)
Waist at navel 34.5" (87.6cm)
Waist 2" below navel 37" (93.9cm)
Hips 38" (96.5cm)

I'm only measuring my waist and hips, because I know that's where the weight is, and that's the only place I'm interested in seeing results. Plus it is far too cold right now to be taking clothes off to take measurements elsewhere!

So here is the plan:

  • eat more fruit and vege
  • cut out junk food
  • cut down on Coke/fizzy drinks (I know if I cut them out completely I'll just fail)
  • plan meals rather than just eating whatever happens to be handy when I'm hungry
  • give away all the biscuits and sweets left over from xmas
  • go to the gym/exercise at least 3 times per week
  • repeat weigh-in and measurements every Tuesday or thereabouts
I think if I can cut back on all the crap I've been eating, and just generally be more active, it shouldn't take long to get back to where I was before I fell off the path last time; then I can start working on getting to where I want to be, which is about a stone lighter than I am right now!

This evening I decided to ease myself back into the old exercise regime by doing a Davina McCall dvd. I did the "pump" section and I've a feeling I'll be a bit achey in the morning. I do miss that ache though!  With the weather at the moment it's a bit tricky to get to the gym before work, and I've had a pretty bad cough/cold any way so don't want to spread my germs. Will continue to work out from home until I'm healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Well I didn't do my measurements but I was 175lbs to start with - lost 3.5 last week. I'm back at the gym too now, but only until end of March and then I need to find alternative exercise as the membership officially ends! I've checked your recommendations out before for trainers and exercise groups etc, nothing in my area. I guess I'll have to suck it up and just motivate myself and do it on my own!

    As I don't have sugar in my diet, and dnot' drink fizzy drinks or anything like that the difference s I've made are:
    no/little bread
    lean meat
    using fry light
    cooking up huge batches of veggie soups to fill up on in between meals on these cold days
    lots more fruit


    It seems to be working and I'm thinking much more about what I'm putting in my mouth and how I've prepared it. I'm going on holiday at the end of April and I want desperately to feel comfortable with myself by then.

    Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete