Monday 4 May 2009

You know you've worked hard when your legs are wobbling...

Ok, training...
Sunday short run - about 5k, it took me ages and was generally rubbish. I could say my ankle hurt or I was tired or whatever else but really I think it's more to do with being out of practise, and also stupid enough to leave very little time between breakfast and training.
Reverse Crunches - 12 x 1
Crunches with Pilates Circle - 12 x 2 (well I figure since the damn thing's just collecting dust I may as well use it!)
Oblique crunches with Pilates Circle - 12 x 2
Hanging Reverse Crunches - 10 x 1

Monday intentionally short run - decided to go for it with The Steps Of Doom. I've not done these since before my last race (over a month ago) so I knew it was going to hurt... I was right. I managed 4 trips to the top before I started to doubt my legs' ability to get me home. I think I might be sore tomorrow, which will be interesting since I have Body Pump and Running Club.

After 3 years of going to the gym and working moderately hard, the last month or so I've really been ramping it up, increasing my workouts through the week and also pushing harder in those sessions. But also it's finally time to admit I can't do this just through exercise. I need to sort my diet out. I've always said "oh I can either manage one or the other - diet or exercise..." NO MORE! This time I'm doing both. Since I'm currently doing very long days (especially on Tuesdays!) this means planning everything. I don't normally even plan from one month to the next, so this could be interesting. But I'll get nowhere without the proper food will I.

So here goes...

1 comment: