Friday 15 May 2009

Why can't I reply to comments on my blog?!

Ok. Well the stupid migraine hung around until yesterday afternoon, so I took Thursday as a rest day in the end. Though I did do overtime at work scrabbling about under desks putting in network cables. Not sure if I can count that as exercise.

Friday - PT session.
Cross trainer, 10 mins level 5 (with a bit of a sprint at the end)
stepper, 3 mins level 6 (stopped early when my PT turned up)
New program today, so we spent the half hour running through it. You know you're in for a beating when she grins and goes "this one's really tough, I might do it myself later!"
The new program is:
Warm-up:
20 quick BOSU squats
10 quick lateral lunges
10 single-leg squats, touching the floor at the bottom
hip flexor wall stretch
10 double tap and reverse crunch x 2
12 hamstring crunches x 2

The weights are tri-sets, I'm meant to do 4 sets of each but as we were only doing a quick run-through I did one set of each. Am yet to figure out how I manage to do more than one set without dying.

Squat dumbell jumps - 2 x 6kg x 12
walking lunges - 2 x 6kg x 12
bench step-ups - 2 x 6kg x 12 (that's "bench" as in the weight bench people sit on to lift weights)

Before the next set of exercises I do 6-8 minutes of 1-minute sprint intervals on the cross trainer.

ball press ups x 12 (start with thighs on the ball - have to graduate to just toes on the ball)
side lungh & tricep rope pull down - 7.5kg x 12
squat & row - 20kg x 12

ball crunch -full extension on the ball (basically bending over backwards) x 12
side jacknife (like a normal one but the ball comes up to one side and you twist your body) x 12
ball side raises x 12

It's one of those programs that hurts and makes you feel a bit sick... but you know it's going to be doing you a lot of good. Am actually gutted that I can't get to the gym tomorrow to try this one out properly. It'll have to wait til Sunday...

PS I keep trying to reply to comments on my blog and it won't let me. Does anyone know why? How do I fix it? A prize to whoever can fix it for me!

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea why you can't reply - do you get an error message? Reply to this and let me know :P Ha ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete