Friday 8 May 2009

Guess who has the day off work...

That would be me then.
And how am I using my time? By dicking about, that's how.

Thursday - some inconsiderate idiot booked a meeting at the time I was meant to attend the Class of Doom at the gym, so I decided to just have Thursday as a rest day.

Friday - that would be today. Got up and went to the gym, a little later than usual. Plan was to do my program in full, but the weights bay was crowded with grunty men, including this one guy who always sounds like he's about to shit his pants. So I did a shorter version in order to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible...

three-quarter squats, 20kg x 12
double-pulse lunges, 20 kg x 12 (each leg)
only one set of those on account of close proximity to grunty man mentioned above

cable pulls, 6.5kg x 12 (each side)
military press, 2+2kg x 12
tricep extension on stability ball, 4+4kg x 12
bicep pull down, 20kg x 12
3 sets

crunch & hold - 40 seconds
marching plank x 30
stability ball back extension x 12
3 sets

jacknife x 12
stability ball plank single leg raise x 12
3 sets

Swimming 30 lengths. Pool is tiny though so I don't count this as exercise so much as a little relaxing float about.

I've just spent about 4 years looking on Youtube for video examples of these exercises, and have found a big fat zero, so you'll all have to just use your imaginations. Or if anyone is curious I guess you could ask and I'll try and describe it.

Am debating whether to do spin at lunch time, or go for a run later. Or perhaps not bother with either, and do some stretching and random stuff at home.

Food is still shocking but I'm working on it. Have been shopping and bought vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment