Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday 2009-11-22

I know I'm meant to do a weigh-in etc on a Sunday morning, and haven't for ages... Suffice to say I've put on weight and inches and everything else. What can I say, stress drives me to chocolate, and I've been exceptionally stressed recently.

I went to the gym this morning and tried out part of my new program...

Overhead Squats x 15
Overhead Static Lunges x 15 each leg
Hip Flexor stretches etc

BOSU Squat and Shoulder Press 2x3kg x 15
Single Leg Stability Ball Lunge x 15 each leg
Athletic Step-Backs, 2x3kg x 15 each leg
Ball Pull Over 8kg x 15
3 sets

Treadmill - 2 minutes fast, 1 minute recovery x 3 (got up to 13km/h this time!)

Stability Ball hyper-extended crunch x 15
Side Jacknife x 15
2 sets

I didn't stick exactly to the new program, just did the lower body circuit. I didn't really have time to do the rest as I had to get to work. I like it though, and think I could probably stand to up some of my weights - though I think I'll wait and see how sore I am in the morning!

Am hoping to go again in the morning to do the upper body circuit and some cardio before work.

I won't see my trainer now until February, so am thinking I'll alternate between the new program(s) and my most recent old one, which I enjoyed. And I'll keep doing the HIIT cardio because it's quicker, and hurts so I figure it must be doing me some good. I'll try and get around to doing weight and measurements etc at some point as well, need to get started back on sorting myself out...

2 comments:

  1. I should really get somebody to sort me a program out. Problem is it needs to be "fun" and I just don't find the gym fun. Love classes, but it's a pain in the arse trying to book them and ending up on reserve lists etc...

    The flab is currently winning this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With xmas fast approaching,I need to lose half a stone just to make sure I can put it back on over the whole xmas period!

    ReplyDelete