Sunday 22 November 2009

Friday 2009-11-20

I had a PT session today. My trainer is pregnant and going on maternity leave, so she's given me an exercise program to last me a couple of months, until she is back...

Warm up:
Overhead squat with weighted bar
Overhead lunges with weighted bar
Leg swings
Hip flexor stretch
Wall hamstring stretch
3x15 second knee push

Circuit 1: Lower Body
BOSU Squat and Shoulder Press, 2x3kg x 15
Single Leg Stability Ball Lunge x 15 each leg
Athletic step-backs x 15 each leg
Ball Pull over 8kg x 15

Cardio
Upright Bike, 6 minutes at speed over 85rpm
Treadmill, 8 minutes building up speed

Circuit 2: Upper Body
Stability Ball Single Arm Row 6kg x 15 each side
Stability Ball Chest Flye 2x5kg x 15
Step Press Up & Rotate x 15
Tricep Dips x 15

Abs
Bicycle crunches x 20
Side Plank 30 seconds each side

We did a quick run-through today, one set of each exercise and no cardio... The idea is that I can split the program and do upper body one day and lower the next, or do just one big workout.
I also have a cardio program to do all together...

Upright Bike: 14 minutes
Warm up - 3 mins at 75rpm then 3 mins at 85rpm
6 mins alternating: 1min 100rpm, 1 min 80rpm
2 mins recovery 70rpm

Treadmill - 1.6km as quickly as possible

Cross Trainer: 12 minutes
Program 3, level 5, speed over 120spm (I think program 3 is an interval one but not checked yet)

Step & Row combo:
Row 500m as quickly as possible
1 minute rest
1 minute step jump-overs (like in the last pogram)
1 minute rest
2 sets

Reclining Bike
Easy ride for 6- minutes


I have a sneaky suspicion this lady may be trying to kill me!
Still, it'll keep me occupied. Am feeling more motivated now...

No comments:

Post a Comment