Sunday 16 May 2010

Sunday 2010-05-16

Unsurprisingly, I woke up early this morning. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. So three guesses what I did with my early start... yeah, I went to the gym

Overhead squats (with weighted bar) x10
Overhead lunges x10 each side

Squats - 15kg x 12
Deadlifts - 15kg x 12
Dead row - 15kg x 12
3 sets

Wide-leg squats - 15kg x 12
Deadlifts - 15kg x 12
Dead row (underhand grip) - 15kg x 12
3 sets

BOSU squat - 2x8kg x 12 (the 7kg weights had disappeared again so I had to put my weights up)
Lunges - 2x8kg x 12 each side
3 sets

BOSU squar & shoulder press - 2x2kg x 12
Stability ball hamstring curls x 12
3 sets

Plank step-ups x 12 (6 each side)
Stability ball crunches x 12
3 sets

Stability ball plank 30 seconds (holding last one as long as possible)
Stability ball roll out x 12
3 sets

And then I did a bunch of stretches, whilst chatting to my friend Simon, who had appeared after going for a run. Simon is lovely, but mental - he did a 30 minute run, and then spent 2 hours in the gym!

I'm in two minds as to whether to go to the gym tomorrow. I've a feeling my legs will be sore after today, so I might give myself the day off. We'll see how I feel when I wake up. I've a tendency to feel like I've achieved nothing in a day if I've not been to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment