Friday 14 May 2010

Friday 2010-05-14

I went out last night. Had a bit to drink, got home late, got to bed even later. Woke up this morning feeling like something had crawled inside my head and started to decompose... but I still dragged myself to the gym!
I gave myself an easy time while I was there though - no weights...

Treadmill: 1 minute sprint, 30 seconds rest x 6 (up to 13km/h)
Stepper: program 3 (interval) level 6, 10 minutes

Stability ball plank 30 seconds
Stability ball roll out x 12
4 sets

When I was done I went for a swim to chill out a bit. There were a bunch of people in the pool having a chat though, so I only managed 20 lengths before I gave up and got out. The spa pool is broken again, no idea why, so no nice bubble bath to finish my workout!

I got a free pedometer in the post the other day, so I've started wearing it. More out of interest, to see how many steps I take in a day. I think the recommendation is 10,000 steps a day... yesterday it clocked 16,000 - and that doesn't include walking to and from town when I went out last night (didn't really want to rock up at the pub rocking that particular look). Today I think it got to about 11,000, but then I accidentally reset it. In any case, I'm glad to see I'm doing what the government recommends!

Tomorrow is Saturday... not sure if I'll make it to the gym or not. Since I had Wednesday off I probably should, and to be fair I do feel up for it - the only thing that puts me off is that a Saturday at the gym is usually full of people - weekenders who come in to ponce about a bit on the machines and take up all the mat space while they sit on a stability ball and chat to their mate whilst knocking out a couple of sets of crunches and then go home boasting about spending 2 hours in the gym. Plus on a Saturday morning for some reason the gym sees fit to do childrens' swimming lessons - which means the place is literally crawling with kids who run around the changing room playing tag whilst their mothers stand by the showers and gossip, and then the pool's closed on Sunday because having so much piss released into it in one morning has altered the Ph level.

Yes, I'm a grouchy old cow, what of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment