Sunday 18 April 2010

Sunday 2010-04-18

I dragged myself to the gym this morning, despite really not being in the mood for it.  Feel better for it though, if slightly sore!
First session back doing weights. I found an old program from August last year and did part of that...

Single-leg stability ball squat (with one leg on a stability ball) - 2x6kg x 12 each side
Sprint touch-backs 2x4kg x 20 each side
3 sets (ouchies!)

Lunge and floor touch with scaption 2kg x 20 each side
Wall squat with shoulder press 2x2kg x 12
2 sets

Plank step-ups x 12 (6 each side)
Stability ball crunches x 12
3 sets

Finished off with 10 lengths of the pool, more to stretch out/chill than to exercise.

There was another superset I was meant to do but couldn't remember what one of the exercises was, so I chickened out. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to start doing this program 3 times a week, until I can hunt down the programs I was given from August onwards.
I'm pretty sore already - my legs aren't used to this much exercise any more and the lunges really knackered me out! Still, at least I've started again, and I know I can at least lift some weights without dying!

Am off work tomorrow so hoping to have a reasonably long session at the gym. Fingers crossed any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment